Many people talk about BIM these days, it is an important way to create drawings. This course is an introduction to using Building Information Modeling with Vectorworks Architect and it has been designed to teach you the concepts of BIM and how to use the Vectorworks Architect in the most productive way. It has all been brought together in a concise course.
In this course you will draw a simple two story project that will teach you the basics of BIM. We will start with first principle and work through creating a Building Model that will allow us to create plans, sections, and elevations. We will progress through site modeling, solar studies, rendering 3D views, internal room elevations, and details.
By the end of the course you will be able to create a Building Information Model and create drawings from it.
- Session 1 – Setting Up the Project
- Session 2 – Concept Modelling
- Session 3 – Creating the Building
- Session 4 – Creating Doors and Windows
- Session 5 – Internal Fixtures
- Session 6 – Creating Drawings and Exporting BIM Information
Course Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to start a project and set up the file.
- Learn how to use the Vectorworks modeling tools for conceptual design.
- Learn how to create a building.
- Learn how to create and control window and door styles.
- Learn how to place internal fixtures and learn where to find the resources.
- Learn how to create and link drawings together.
- Learn how to create reports and export BIM Information