This is the movie from the first session BIM Special Interest Group, February 2012. Topics…
In the session we talked about creating template files. When you create a template it is tempting to put everything in the template that you think you will need. Unfortunately, this creates a very heavy template file with lots of textures, hatches, line types, and symbols that you might never need.
You do need to store things in your template that you cannot get from you for content, So in the session not only did we talk aboutwhat information you should store in your template file, we also talked about what information you can store in your default content.
- what should be in a template
- work though a project first
- Create the stories and layers you need
- save the project as a template, then clean out the project
- default content is sotred in your Vectorworks folder, user folder, workgroup folder.
- what type of things are default content
- where default content is stored
- keep all the sheet layers in your template
- editing the template file viewports
- units for space objects and dimensions
- using a custom dimension standard
[ms-protect-content id=”34491,34492,34493, 34494, 34495, 34496, 344927″]
Creating and Managing your Vectorworks Libraries